Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Everybody Loves a Güera




November has been ridiculously social. Thus far:

Regular throw-down parties: 2

Velas: 4

Beach trips: 2

Dinner with friends: 3

Parties crashed: 1

The last is from Saturday when I was at dinner at a friends and suggested we head to Salina Cruz to dance. The other guests weren't buying it but the hostess pointed out that we could hear music playing in the barrio that obviously came from a nearby party. We followed our ears to a local vela. The others got bashful the last minute but I figured "Screw it, we're here, aren't we?" and walked to the middle of the place and commenced dancing. The others followed and the other people seemed thrilled that we were there. Two minutes everyone has at least one beer and I had three in hand with offers of more. I told everyone that we were "friends of Maria" but I may as well not have bothered. Everyone loves a güerita (blondie) 'round here. Note me dancing with random local (I'm the one on the right) in the invaded territory. A friend here said I was looking real Klassy (he may have not used the "k" but it was implied.) The sepia picture is a cute kid from said crashed fiesta and the other is me, a friend and another friend's kid at the beach. Good times. And, yeah, I know the month's only half over . . . we've still got my Fiesta de la Acción de Gracias to go. Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home