Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blah, blah, democracy has no place in a university, blah, blah, disco, blah

Had a conference in the flagship university this past weekend in a town--perhaps you've heard of it--Huajuapan de Leon. Nothing accomplished, naturally. Did get to listen to the the head of the university system drone on interminably about how freedom of thought has no place in a university. Ah, well. Then I got to go to a disco-er-club with other professors. I went to Oaxaca City the next day. More discos-er-clubs. Have I mentioned that they call clubs "discos" in Spanish and I don't want to hear any lip when I invariably slip up on my trips back to the States? Consider it done, then.


Pretty star lamps in Oaxaca, Oaxaca. February 19, 2006

Random crumbling church on the road from Huajuapan to Oaxaca, February 19, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home