Tuesday, August 01, 2006

La Gringa Rica

Note to all: Had my purse stolen a few weeks ago which contained my cell, wallet, and (damitall) my camera, so no more pics 'til I buy a new camera or my mother figures out how to email the photos from her camera. (Let's not hold our breath on that one, shall we?)

But the rumors are true, Virginia Gaye survived a near two week trip in the wilds of Mexico. When I say "wilds" I mean, of course a cute B & B in Oaxaca with a trip to a pretty cool cooking school, followed by four nights in a luxury resort in Acapulco, followed by two nights in cosmopolitan Guadalajara, and one night in Euro-flavored Guanajuato. When I told this itinerary to my Mexican friends they got a dazed look and commented, "That's a lot of bus time." Then I waved an airy gesture and said, "Oh, my mother is paying for planes." Then we all nodded wisely; we know how it is to have relatives in the States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home